So you think you’re emo…
1. Bring us an emo 
2. An emo’s basics: skinny jeans [1 point per colour]
3. Compose a poem expressing your teenage angst 
4. Get signed. Well, at least get a team members body signed, by as many bands as possible [1 point for a college-based band, 3 points for a band on a national tour, 10 points for a band on an international tour, 100 points for Sting] Bring photos of the signings.
5. Bring us the complete works of Shakespeare 
6. Design a cover for said complete works of Shakespeare. [1 point for each work that is depicted in the cover]
7. Summarise a classical epic poem (such as the Odyssey) in a ten second video 
8. Compose an epic poem recounting the composition of said poem 
9. Interpretative dance to Vivaldi’s Four Seasons  Bonus points if you can actually recreate the season for the judges.
For science… because the world won’t blow itself up.
10. Charcoal rubbings of plaques of deceased scientists [1 per scientist]
11. “Mummify” one of your team members with loo roll (to be done before the judges) in a competition against another team. The quicker team gets the points 
12. A clock going backwards. Bonus if this is hamster-powered – no hamsters must be harmed. 
13. Attempt to re-create the corpus clock. 
14. Create a working papier mache volcano. Limit to points, no limit to size! 
15. Help a potato break the sound barrier – careful not to hurt anyone. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
16. Teleport something. Double points for whatever item you teleport, but we must witness it. 
A spaceman came travelling
17. Freddy Mercury merchandise [1 point per item, maximum 3]
18. A Venus fly trap 
19. Third rock from the sun 
20. A Mars bar 
21. A musical instrument made by Jupiter 
22. A Sega Saturn 
23. Some Uranium 
24. A Neptune’s trident 
25. A Pluto cuddly toy 
Pimp my . . .
26. Rock 
27. Bike 
28. Suit 
29. Punt 
30. Girlfriend/boyfriend 
Are you local?
31. Foreign food, the more uncommon the better. [1 per item maximum 5]
32. Foreign beer. Bonus points if it’s from the judges’ home countries [1 per item maximum 5]
33. Foreign money, the higher the denomination the more the points [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
34. Foreign flags. [1 per item maximum 5]
35. Foreign postcards, sent from foreign countries. [1 per item maximum 5]
36. Foreign passports. Bonus points if the passport owner accompanies you. [1 per item maximum 5]
Crank it up
37. Take that midnight train. Randomly start some Journey karaoke in a College bar (video proof) 
38. Bring us some Hard Rock Café merchandise. The more exotic the location it is from, the more the points. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
39. Bring us concert tickets from before the year 2000 – the older the better. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
40. Create a Rick Astley tribute video.  Bonus points for included trivia details.
You’ve heard of rick-rolling. We’re making a new thing. It’s called “Toto”ing. Use Hold the Line, obviously by Toto. Awful costumes bring bonus points.
41. “Toto” the judges 
42. “Toto” a fellow 
43. “Toto” a chapel 
Thank you Mr Brown!
44. Election signs. [1 per party]
45. Polling card from as many different Cambridge City electoral divisions as possible. [1 per division]
46. Presidents of college politics societies (bring them down in person and with proof that they really are the president) [1 per president]
47. A team manifesto 
48. A photo of a team member with Boris Johnson. 
To the moon and back
49. A flying saucer.  Bonus points if it can fly for more than ten seconds.
50. A toy rocket. [3 points per hundred feet of altitude it can reach]
51. A space worm 
52. A scale model of the solar system, Pluto included. 
53. Attempt to chat some randomer up exclusively with lyrics from “To the moon and back” by Savage Garden.  Massive bonus points if it works.
Butter us up
54. Got ma cheese whiz, boy? Bring us lots of cheese. [1 per cheese] Bonus points for actual cheese whiz.
55. A mix-CD. And it had better be good.  Bonus points if you get the judges’ favourite songs
56. Oven fresh ice cream 
57. Cook us a three course meal. Bonus points for subsequent courses. There is a minimum to what can constitute a course. A single digestive biscuit will not count, but would be appreciated all the same. Especially if it were chocolate. Cough. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
Ye olde beasts of yore – as intrepid explorers, you’ll have no trouble finding us these forgotten legends:
58. A mouse 
59. A wyvern 
60. An esquilax 
61. A manticore 
Gwidien and the druid
62. A lance 
63. Team heraldic shields, to be wielded at all major events. 
64. A steed 
65. A suit of armour 
66. A “dappy” hat 
67. A crate of Galahads  Bonus points if we can keep the entire crate!
68. A euphonium 
69. This is not the greatest item in the world. This is just a tribute. 
The box office opens this weekend with:
70. An educational film about the dangers of it raining cats and dogs. 
71. A satirical rendition of the Blair Witch Project, filmed. 
72. An advert for your very own energy drink. 
73. A scene from Toy Story. In costume. 
We’re not made of stone
74. Cardhenge 
75. Swissrollhenge 
76. PBandJhenge 
77. Carhenge 
Dance monkey, dance – if we tell you to, you have to…
78. Solve a Rubik’s cube in front of us in 90 seconds 
79. We need a hero! Perform an unambiguously heroic deed under cover of cape and cowl.  Bonus points if your proof comes from the front page of a newspaper.
80. Do the thriller dance outside Great St Mary’s.  Numerous bonus points for costumes and/or over ten people doing it.
81. Eat your hat 
82. Shave your eyebrows 
83. Juggle. Bring us a routine, then see what we throw at you. 
It’s got something to do with a river . . .
84. A cup of Cam 
85. A paddle 
86. Drag punting 
87. Invent a new method of transport down the Cam  The more people it can hold the more points you get.
Are you trying to seduce me?
88. A slippery nipple 
89. A screaming orgasm 
90. An AMF [cocktail] 
91. A cock soc 
92. A todger 
93. A vixen 
94. A nun 
Get down on it
95. Compose a sexy haiku. And by sexy we mean sexual. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
96. Guess the contents of our seduction cocktail. [1 per correctly identified ingredient]
97. Suck and blow: pass a playing card from person to person with your mouths and the force of sucking and blowing only. [1 per every two members in the chain]
98. Get down on your knees and build a human pyramid [1 per person involved]
99. A white suit jacket 
100. A tweed jacket 
101. A wetsuit 
102. A catsuit 
103. A spacesuit 
104. A birthday suit  Bonus points for hotness
I choose you!
They’ll be back soon enough
105. A pikachu 
106. A raichu 
107. A mewtwo 
108. A pokemon beanie baby 
109. All 150 pokemon cards 
110. A holographic pokemon card 
111. Play an actual game of pokemon cards, for at least 2 minutes, in front of the judges. 
112. A hand held fan 
113. A geoliner 
114. An engineer’s penny 
115. A robot 
116. A bridge we can walk across. Must span at least 2 feet. 
117. Earthquake simulator – make a building solely out of biscuits and peanut butter, at least eight inches tall, and bring it to us. If it survives the judges’ wrath, points will follow. Bonus ones for imitations of famous buildings.
118. A gyroscope 
119. Bring us a superconductor. 
Those were the days…
120. A remote control form of transport 
121. An Action Man 
122. A Polly Pocket 
123. A supersoaker 
124. An unusual Barbie (must be a real one) 
125. Laser challenge 
126. A huge game of duck duck goose on the backs. Minimum of 10 people. Photo or video proof required .
127. A Mario Kart re-enactment.  – more points for daring location.
I’ve had the time of my life…
128. May Ball posters. [1 per ball]
129. May Ball wristbands. [3 per ball]
130. Strawberries and Pimms 
131. Bow ties. [1 per item maximum 5]
132. A lady’s way to stay warm during May Ball. Surprise us. Must be classy. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
133. The most worn high heels. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges according to state the shoes are in – the more obviously worn the better]
134. The highest heels [Points at discretion of the judges – max 8 points]
Speed up your points development by…
135. …bringing us a frozen banana 
136. …showing us an illusion. Points according to how good it is. [PS: Harry Potter magic does not count]
137. …making us blue 
138. …making us cringe with awkwardness 
Happy Birthday, Cambridge!
139. Cambridge’s 800 book 
140. Take photos of plaques marking discoveries around Cambridge. [2 per plaque with maximum of 5 plaques]
141. 800 photographed in as many places as possible [1 per photograph maximum 6]
142. Summarise 800 years of Cambridge University in 800 words 
Life inside the bubble
143. College scarves. [1 per college]
144. Photo of more than one group member with a college Dean. 
145. Things acquired at formals. [2 per college]
146. College gowns – must be obviously different ones. [2 per gown maximum of 5 colleges]
147. Compose a limerick describing the shield of the university of Cambridge in proper heraldic tones. 
148. A doll’s house model of a team member’s college room with as much detail as possible. Complete with photo of said member’s college room for comparison. 
Take me literally
149. Sticks and stones 
150. Burn the candle at both ends 
151. Let us have a cake and eat it  – more if it is exceptionally big/delicious
152. You are what you eat 
153. A 10 foot pole and something you would not touch it with 
154. The pen is mightier than the sword. Proof in a battle against a member of another team.  for the winner.
155. Bank accounts attributed to a single person. [1 per account]
156. A piggy bank 
157. Make the most of your pound! (Proof that whatever you made of it did really not cost more than a pound). [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
158. Street credit. 
159. A cheque, with a 19XX year prefix. 
Brap, brap! Innit bruv
160. Rap for us! 
161. Beatbox for us! 
162. A Burberry Cap 
163. As much Nike as you can find [1 per item]
Bonus points if you can incorporate this all at the same time.
164. Film the reaction of any committee member of a university society to the youtube video “Powerthirst”. [The more senior the member, the more points, starting with 3]
165. The Grand Arcade seems a bit dull. Bring the love train to it. At least 10 people and music are required  More people will result in more points.
166. Wear your underwear outside your clothes. On King’s Parade. Pose with tourists. Take a video and photos. 
167. Get a group of tourists to perform YMCA. Proof in the form of a photo – more points for a video of them actually singing along to it. [5 for photo and 7 for a video] Extra points if they dress up as Village People.
168. Full body fake-tan zebra stripes. 
169. A Porter’s Hat 
170. Get a copy of the Big Issue signed by seller  Bonus points if it’s the guy outside Sainsbury’s (photographic proof required)
“The time has come”, the judges said.
171. Some shoes 
172. Some ships 
173. Some sealing wax 
174. Some cabbages 
175. Some kings 
Prepare for Emma Watson’s arrival next year and brush up your magic skills! Perform in front of the judges:
176. Wingardium Leviosa 
177. Alohomora 
178. Engorgio 
179. Expecto Patronum 
[No points for failure. Use of authentic wands will be rewarded]
Are you fired or hired?
180. The most unusual chocolate bar flavour you can find (and yes, mango-chilli is old news). [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges according to taste and originality]
181. Produce your own team calendar 
182. Create a new piece of portable home gym equipment [must be demonstrated to the judges] 
183. Outfits from every decade of the 20th century. [5 per decade – more for better effort, less for poor effort]
Show us what you’re made of!
184. Embarrassing teen photos of the group [1 point per member] More if it really cracks us up.
185. The worst GCSE results of a current student at the University of Cambridge. Points will be given at the end, when all teams have submitted their best efforts. Or worst.
186. Team members dressed as hunting god[esse]s 
187. Light as a feather, stiff as a board. [12 minus the number of lifters you use]
Bring on the clichés!
188. Show us the stiffest upper lip you’ve got 
189. Bring us a German and their stash of Sauerkraut (proof that they are actually German). 
190. Bring us a French person wearing a beret (proof that they are actually French) 
191. A list of blonde jokes (at least 3) told by a team member to a blonde who doesn’t get the punch line.  – less if the blonde laughs, more if you tell more jokes.
All creatures great and small
192. Your friends in animal costumes. [1 per animal]
193. Get milk. From as many animals as possible. [2 points per animal and cow doesn’t count]
194. An angry fish 
195. An inflatable animal [2 points for each foot in length]
196. A photo of a black squirrel in Cambridge 
197. Film and capture a wild haggis in its natural environment 
198. Exit, pursued by a bear 
199. We’d like to go walking with dinosaurs. The closer to life size the better. [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
200. A scaled recreation of Noah’s Ark 
10 reasons why…
201. …you’d rather be at Oxford than St John’s. [1 per valid reason] Extra points if convincingly given by a Johnian
202. …Theology is not a doss subject. [1 per valid reason] Please note that you will have to convince Engineers.
203. …Star Wars is better than Star Trek (or vice versa depending on your preference) [1 per valid reason]
204. … your team should get these ten points [1 per valid reason]
So good they had to name it twice
205. A Bagel 
206. A Pretzel 
207. A Big Apple 
208. A Yankee 
209. A yellow taxi 
210. A Skyscraper. It will be judged on height – the bigger the better.
A tribute to last year’s winning team
211. A boom 
212. A boom box 
213. A booming voice 
214. A broom 
215. A bang 
216. A snap 
217. A crackle 
218. A pop 
219. The oldest mobile phone you can find. Points will be awarded based on size and age.
220. A first gen ipod 
221. A cassette player 
222. A VCR 
223. A Sega Megadrive 
224. Now That’s What I Call Music CDs [or cassettes]. The earlier the better. [1 per CD and 5 extra for the team with the oldest]
225. Celebrity look-alikes [1-5 per lookalike – depending on how much of a likeness there is] Bonus points for Kurt Cobain.
Stick it to you
226. Chopsticks 
227. Pimp stick 
228. Walking Stick 
229. Talking stick 
230. Walking and talking with walkie-talkies 
Just because we can!
231. A stained sugar-glass window 
232. The oldest faculty member you can find [2 point for every 5 years over 60 they are]
233. A tribal dance. War paint and loincloths encouraged [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
234. Identical twins.  Bonus points if they are dressed the same.
235. Shoes in every size from 3 to 13. [1 per size]
236. Garden gnome Chomsky 
237. Stash from other universities [1 point per item maximum of 5 items]
238. Pregnancy simulator 
239. As many Sarahs as you can find in one room [1 point per Sarah]
240. A blue moon 
241. Extension lead with most number of plugs [1 point per plug]
242. The leaning tower of pizza [Points awarded at the discretion of the judges]
243. Bring us a bottle of high-proof alcohol. [1 point for every five percent over 50abv]