We’re nearly set to start! Here’s how things should unfold:
9.00 a.m.: We’ll be outside Great St Mary’s with printed copies of the list for anyone who turns up with an interesting hat (Points to the team with the most interesting hat!). It might be worth your while getting a paper copy!
10.00 a.m.: The list goes up online. We’ll post it here and it’ll go on the sidebar.
11.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.: We’ll be in the The Granta by the door, sitting tight and waiting to be brought your excellent items.
11.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m.: We’ll be in The Granta for the second day to be wowed and delighted by your finds.
9.00 p.m.: Doors close. If you’re in the room by 9, we’ll judge your stuff, but not if you’re late!
approx. 9.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.: Results! Depending on how long final judging takes, we’ll publish the results on the blog, twitter etc as soon as possible and tell anyone who’s stuck around in person.
Some stuff to bear in mind:
- Completing any whole section of the list will net a 20% bonus on that section’s points
- You should bring stuff as often as you can! Leaving it all until the end makes for busy busy rooms and bored judges!
- Points on the list are the approximate maximum for that item — great attempts will get the maximum points, merely mediocre will still get some points. Going above and beyond the call of duty is likely to net you bonus points.
- Be sure to check the Twitter feed (@CUSH_2012)! Who knows what we’ll post?
- Unless you ask us not to, we’ll probably post your exciting/entertaining photos and videos, and may photograph items and post them too. They’ll end up on the website or Twitter.
- We’ll have computers with us, so please bring digital items on USB sticks if you can!
- Any questions, email or tweet us
See you all tomorrow morning and best of luck!